Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MACBOOK PRO 2019 15inch failure Logic board , 23 Months old ??? is that normal

I don’t even know how it got to this. I’ve never dropped it, spilled liquid on it, or did anything crazy with it. Just one morning I was developing and it was just black . i Have tried all types of reset, nothing, i brought it to the apple store, well my warranty finish just a few months ago. and turn out logic board dead.

First - They have said in the report that it shows error 6 just before they change the logic board and it turn on . i have been 1h and half hour with senior advisor , cause i have read that this problem is commun in few other forums , and i asked him , I feel like a MacBook shouldn’t just do this. We buy these products for it’s quality but this kind of ruins apple for me... I don’t know what to do now because I am a working full-time and i need to work with any other unit , It’s just crazy to me to be okay with paying more than half the amount of my MacBook as a repair fee for something I couldn’t control. even thought i asked , how if this problem can happen again after this repair. i want resonable explanation for what happend and how can we avoid it in the future . He just reply: im sorry but we never know how long it could be 1 year as it could also be 10 years. is this what are we paying for ? 2500$ . i even asked them to covor then my bill because that's not at all logic, they said sorry we can't help you with that . here i want to share my problem , because it could happen to any apple user . and i hope they will contact me soon to solve those kind of issues .

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:00 AM

Mehdibouk wrote:
is that normal?

logic board dead.

. "He just reply: im sorry but we never know how long it could be 1 year as it could also be 10 years. "

Computer can fail at anytime...

this is why we encourage a robust backup plan if you value your user data.

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite.

I would say not normal, but luck of the draw.

If you are under warranty or extended warranty hardware is covered.

https://support.apple.com/my-support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 7:00 AM in response to Mehdibouk

Mehdibouk wrote:
is that normal?

logic board dead.

. "He just reply: im sorry but we never know how long it could be 1 year as it could also be 10 years. "

Computer can fail at anytime...

this is why we encourage a robust backup plan if you value your user data.

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite.

I would say not normal, but luck of the draw.

If you are under warranty or extended warranty hardware is covered.

https://support.apple.com/my-support

MACBOOK PRO 2019 15inch failure Logic board , 23 Months old ??? is that normal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.