Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't see my iPod classic and the only screens I can get are the apple icon, and "OK to disconnect". What can I do?

I can't get my iPod classic past the "OF to disconnect" screen. iTunes doesn't see it when it is plugged into my Mac either. Is this something I can fix or will it have to be taken to Apple for repair?

iPod Classic

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 12:26 PM

Hello. Thanks for the quick reply. Does your iPod Classic's screen say whether it is in "Disk Mode" or not? Are you able to now see the iPod in iTunes?

You may want to also follow the steps detailed here for general iPod connection troubleshooting. Please also review the steps here to put your iPod into disk mode before connecting it to your computer. If the device shows in iTunes after enabling disk mode, you should be able to restore it. If you haven't already, you may also want to verify that there is not any debris in the iPod's charging port and test an alternate cable if you haven't already.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2021 12:26 PM in response to confusedappleuser33

Hello. Thanks for the quick reply. Does your iPod Classic's screen say whether it is in "Disk Mode" or not? Are you able to now see the iPod in iTunes?

You may want to also follow the steps detailed here for general iPod connection troubleshooting. Please also review the steps here to put your iPod into disk mode before connecting it to your computer. If the device shows in iTunes after enabling disk mode, you should be able to restore it. If you haven't already, you may also want to verify that there is not any debris in the iPod's charging port and test an alternate cable if you haven't already.

iTunes doesn't see my iPod classic and the only screens I can get are the apple icon, and "OK to disconnect". What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.