Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I save my music files to computer from Apple Music?

I finally got my music back by uploading albums from my computer, then signing up to Apple Music. ATM all is working well.

However, I can't afford Apple Music for the rest of my life so I want to know how I can save my albums — many of which I uploaded from CD to iTunes years ago if I cancel my Apple Music subscription. What I've read so far suggests if I cancel the sub, I lose my music.

I would like to save my original albums to computer (have plenty of space) if anyone can tell me how please. The only thing I found was Export to .XML which is not helpful as you can't play an .XML I don't think.

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 5:58 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 20, 2021 6:36 PM in response to mulberrywriter

Mulberry Writer,

You are correct that Export to XML is useless.

You are also correct that any subscription tracks that you download from Apple Music will become unplayable when the subscription ends.

When you ripped those CDs years ago, an audio file per song was placed on the hard drive of the computer that you used for the rip. Those files, or any copies or backups you have made of them, are what you want to save. The ripping process created unprotected audio files that can be played without a subscription.

How do I save my music files to computer from Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.