Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon Music Unlimited Does Not Work With CarPlay Since iOS 15 Update

Amazon Music Unlimited worked perfectly fine on iOS 14 and all its updates. But when I upgraded to the current iOS 15, it refuses to connect, with an error of "Unable to Connect To Amazon Music". In addition, if I plug in my iphone to my dash to activate CarPlay, the Amazon Music Screen on the phone goes completely blank. I know I am not the only one with this issue. I have spent a great deal of time with Amazon Music Support, and they assure me it is a CarPlay error. I have done every possible fix listed on the internet, to no avail. Just a waste of time. I really love my Amazon Music, and my many playlists that took a great deal of time and effort to put together. Does Apple have any plans to address this issue? While I can appreciate the security of Apple, which is one reason I chose the iPhone, sometimes I feel like Apple is intentionally making its competitors products not work properly, so you will switch over to their products. I hope this isn't happening, but everything else on CarPlay works, and I haven't made any changes to anything. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 9:55 AM

Yea, definitely has bugs, this is all I get when trying to navigate using CarPlay, have to do all song selections on the phone itself, very annoying. Hopefully Amazon or Apple release and update to fix.

130 replies

Sep 27, 2021 6:58 AM in response to rockys57

I too have struggled with this very same issue since the update. Thankfully it's not me. I have tried everything and nothing works. I am so happy to hear that this is not my lack of technology as I have spent countless hours trying to fix this issue to no avail. I have already spoken to Apple who states that this is an issue with the vehicle's infotainment center; I spoke with Amazon who says it's an Apple problem and Kia motors says it's my iphone. This really stinks as I can no longer listen to music through Amazon where I have spent a lot of money purchasing music over the last 15 years as well as Sirius radio - that app also does not work since the update. I'm furious.

Sep 27, 2021 11:46 PM in response to rockys57

Being a developer and tester, (not for Apple) I can tell you that it is near impossible to test every app that’s available on the App Store to make sure that it works properly with whatever your trying to use it with. Each company is given the opportunity to adjust and program its OWN applications to be updated and work properly with a newer operating system, in this case, iOS. It is up to the developers of that app to make sure it works and that it is also backwards compatible with previously supported version of in this case, both iOS and CarPlay. Unless the developer of the OS has been made specifically aware that something on their end is broken and is rejecting or blocking this is some way, they would then have to find the issue and update it themselves. I cannot remember off hand if my Amazon Music app has been updated post or just before the iOS15 release, but it is possible that for all the apps in the App Store, there are bound to not yet be released updates from those developers to work properly with every aspect of the new OS. And while the app may work as it did before, if something different in the code is ran across and it’s not accounted for or tested properly, you will get what you are seeing. Also, even if the issue is on the app developer itself, usually they will stay quiet about the issue, not update customer service that their is even a problem and from what they can see there isn’t. This way they keep their paying client whilst placing the blame on another. While you can’t get rid of your phone, you can easily cancel a subscription and move to another, thus losing business. Be patient, an update will come from one side or the other and suddenly it will work again. 😁

Sep 28, 2021 6:19 AM in response to rockys57

Same problem started for me also after iOS 15 update. My Amazon and Sirius XM music apps won't load, but Apple Music works just fine. Also, my phone won't connect to bluetooth. What I've found as a workaround (for Amazon Music) is to start the music player app on the phone, and then connect it to my head unit, music will then play through carplay with full controls.

Oct 2, 2021 2:50 PM in response to FLHTKL

yet again, I spoke with an Apple rep this afternoon inquiring about when they anticipate a fix for this mess that they left us since the initial ios15 update weeks ago. They state that they are receiving other calls concerning this issue and they are working on it. I will not try the many suggestions from the public for fear that I will do damage to my phone. I have tried a thousand different tricks or bypass methods and nothing works. Just have to wait for an actual update from Apple that works aimed at actually fixing these issues.

Amazon Music Unlimited Does Not Work With CarPlay Since iOS 15 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.