Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add music to the Music App

For some reason, my music App won't allow for me to add any new download songs into my music App. Is there a way to fix this issue? It was fine a week ago. I did upgraded my Mac to the latest in case anyone was wondering.

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 11:02 AM

Teasing,

Below are 6 different ways to add an audio file to your iTunes/Music library. Once you are sure the valid file is on your local drive, see if at least one will work:

• Drag it into iTunes (or Music)
  • Drag it into a specific playlist (i.e., the open window of a regular playlist, not a smart playlist)
  • Drag it into the "Automatically Add..." folder
  • Use the command File > Import and navigate to its location
  • Right-click the MP3 and choose Open With > iTunes (or Music)
  • Double-click the MP3

If none of them work you may have an invalid or corrupt file.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 11:02 AM in response to TaesungX

Teasing,

Below are 6 different ways to add an audio file to your iTunes/Music library. Once you are sure the valid file is on your local drive, see if at least one will work:

• Drag it into iTunes (or Music)
  • Drag it into a specific playlist (i.e., the open window of a regular playlist, not a smart playlist)
  • Drag it into the "Automatically Add..." folder
  • Use the command File > Import and navigate to its location
  • Right-click the MP3 and choose Open With > iTunes (or Music)
  • Double-click the MP3

If none of them work you may have an invalid or corrupt file.

Can't add music to the Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.