📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New mindfulness app not working

New mindfulness app does not work properly on my Series 6 watch running WatchOS 8 with iPhone iOS 15. “Reflect” does not appear, and “Breathe” does not work. What to do to fix?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 6:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 2:42 PM

I have turned off my iphone and apple watch - the new mindfulness app does not work; please fix. When I click on the post to 'reflect' it takes me to the icon; I click 'reflect' but nothing happens; I click 'done' but nothing happens.

37 replies

Oct 5, 2021 4:38 AM in response to bernadettefromPPAus

Except that turning the Watch off and on again only works until the next time the app plays dumb - you have to do this every time! Apple need to fix this rubbish fast. The only way to stop the problem coming up every day is to turn off the notifications for Mindfulness. Then you can access Mindfulness from the apps screen and it works fine. Of course, this means you might forget to use it but if it mostly doesn't work anyway, that's no real loss. It also means you have to press more buttons to access the app (unless you add it to your Watch screen). The best solution of for Apple to fix it. Cant repeat that often enough to deaf ears.

Sep 23, 2021 11:28 AM in response to musicaviva

Hello musicaviva,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities and for reviewing the related article About watchOS 8 Updates. We're sorry to see that you're experiencing this issue with the Mindfulness app. We'd like to get you pointed in the right direction.

To be sure, are you starting a Reflect and Breathe session as explained here:

Use the Mindfulness app

If so, try restarting your Apple Watch and iPhone. This sounds simple, but can resolve many unique issues. Here's how to restart your devices:

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

If this concern isn't resolved after taking the steps above, we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: 

Get Support

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Oct 8, 2021 5:00 AM in response to musicaviva

My mindfulness app on my watch 5 is still locking up. I understand how to use it. And yes I have turned off/back on several times. Each time it works, until it locks up again. It also no longer reminds me to do my sessions each day (and I have checked the settings). This battle started with the update to the new app. Please fix. I really miss my 'breathes' and 'reflects'.

Oct 12, 2021 12:07 PM in response to musicaviva

I have the app on Watch3. App works ok on iphone8. Watch won't do anything but ask me to start a meditation on the phone, and then it shows me only the percentage reduction in heart rate for my very first meditation. There's no "reflect", no "Breathe". No buttons. Whatsoever. Uninstalled, restarted both devices no change. It's broken. I've seen the images of what's supposed to be there... not even close. Suggestions?

Nov 16, 2021 3:22 AM in response to mcsullivan09

It’s very odd but this is now working as it should for me. It took several restarts but all three sections of the app are behaving correctly. Apart from restarts I’m not aware of having done anything different with the watch (updates etc, although I may have missed something that installed overnight I guess). Can only think the mindfulness app was conflicting with another app - but that’s a wild guess, obviously.

New mindfulness app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.