Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with iPad Pro os 15

My problem is with the “HEARING DEVICE” section. It does not work with my hearing aids, unless I turn on/enable “Start Live Listen “. I did not have to do that prior to installing OS 15. So it picks up noises from the outside will watching videos.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 7:31 AM

iOS 15.0 seems to have broken something with hearing aid streaming. Here is what I and an unknown reddit user found.

If you have Audio Routing set to Auto, your hearing aids might not stream audio. Set it to Always Hearing Devices and that should fix it. You can set it to Auto again after that, but if you turn off Bluetooth and back on again, it will be broken again. It will also break if you restart your device with it in Auto. This broke for me (and was fixed with the work-around) on both my iPad Pro 12.9” (1st gen, I think, 2015), and my iPhone 6S.

Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > Audio Routing > Call Audio

(and also > Media Audio)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 7:31 AM in response to maxdave

iOS 15.0 seems to have broken something with hearing aid streaming. Here is what I and an unknown reddit user found.

If you have Audio Routing set to Auto, your hearing aids might not stream audio. Set it to Always Hearing Devices and that should fix it. You can set it to Auto again after that, but if you turn off Bluetooth and back on again, it will be broken again. It will also break if you restart your device with it in Auto. This broke for me (and was fixed with the work-around) on both my iPad Pro 12.9” (1st gen, I think, 2015), and my iPhone 6S.

Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > Audio Routing > Call Audio

(and also > Media Audio)

Sep 24, 2021 6:21 AM in response to maxdave

Hello maxdave,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you're having an issue with your hearing devices and using them with your iPad. We'd like to help.

Please follow the guidance here to Use hearing devices with iPad - Apple Support.

We have additional troubleshooting here: Accessibility Support - Official Apple Support

Here's How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support. They can take a closer look into fixing these issues with you.

Take care.

Problem with iPad Pro os 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.