Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

youtube lag after iOS 15

YouTube laggy after iOS 15.

When I try to minimise video to go to home on YouTube app, its lagging. Video is getting minimised few seconds after I swipe down the video.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 9:24 PM

karthik1793 Said:

"youtube lag after iOS 15: YouTube laggy after iOS 15. When I try to minimise video to go to home on YouTube app, its lagging. Video is getting minimised few seconds after I swipe down the video."

-------

What to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage. If it is low, then lagging can occur. So, try clearing internal space though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

46 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 9:24 PM in response to karthik1793

karthik1793 Said:

"youtube lag after iOS 15: YouTube laggy after iOS 15. When I try to minimise video to go to home on YouTube app, its lagging. Video is getting minimised few seconds after I swipe down the video."

-------

What to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage. If it is low, then lagging can occur. So, try clearing internal space though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

Oct 4, 2021 6:35 PM in response to karthik1793

karthik1793 Said:

"youtube lag after iOS 15: youtube lag after iOS 15: Thank you for the response.: But, it doesn't help me. Device has more than 85 GB space."

-------

Thank you for clarifying.

Had you have mentioned having lots of space, then clearing "Other" would not be recommended. But, keep it in mind for the future. With lots of space being consumed, then system resources would be consumed, thereby resulting in a lagging device. That's what clearing space does.

Oct 18, 2021 6:06 PM in response to karthik1793

Well, I don’t know if this is only an iPhone SE gen 2 thing. I own an iPhone 8 and I have these issues too. Now, every YouTube video I play has interruptions and it is clearly not from my internet connection. It also lags when I try to minimise the video. I just upgraded to iOS 15 and I already miss iOS 14 so much… I don’t know what can I do because these problems are really hard to get unnoticed.

Oct 20, 2021 10:55 PM in response to deggie

Do have a fix for this issue ?

I have re-installed YouTube app multiple times.. All the times, it works fine only in the 1st lauch after re-installing the app, then the same issue occurs.

I dont see this issue in iphone 11, 12.

Only iPhone SE 2nd Gen has this issue.

Really disappointed that this issue is not fixed yet...its been more than a month since iOS 15 released

Nov 10, 2021 3:21 PM in response to karthik1793

Just upgraded from iOS 14.8.1 to iOS 15 and as soon as i minimize the youtube video in the Youtube app in portrait mode it lags behind a second or so. If i reinstall the Youtube app it does work smoothly however there are errors in the window as it minimizes shows as two minimizing windows. It is something wrong in the animation.

If I close the app and reopens it and then try to minimize the video the lag comes back but the animation of the window shows in the correct way. Sometimes it doesn't even recognize the touch at all when trying to minimize.

youtube lag after iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.