Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot run iTunes for PC after installing latest iTunes SW update on 9/25/21

After downloading and updating iTunes on my PC and getting a "successful update", when I try to run the application, I get the following message:

" iTunes.exe - System Error - The code execution cannot proceed because dnssd.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"

I am concerned that if I reinstall the program, I will lose all my application specific data. Looking for a solution quickly. My operating system is WIN 10 and the iTunes application was running perfectly in that environment prior to the update.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 12:14 PM

Hello swamp4505,

We see that you need help with iTunes on your PC.

Since reinstalling iTunes may resolve the issue, that’s the next step.

"Media that you buy from the iTunes Store or songs that you import from CDs are saved in your My Music folder by default. They won't be deleted when you remove iTunes. Although it's highly unlikely that you'll lose any of your iTunes Library when following the steps below, it's always good practice to make regular backups of your iTunes library." you can learn more here: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 12:14 PM in response to swamp4505

Hello swamp4505,

We see that you need help with iTunes on your PC.

Since reinstalling iTunes may resolve the issue, that’s the next step.

"Media that you buy from the iTunes Store or songs that you import from CDs are saved in your My Music folder by default. They won't be deleted when you remove iTunes. Although it's highly unlikely that you'll lose any of your iTunes Library when following the steps below, it's always good practice to make regular backups of your iTunes library." you can learn more here: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later.

Cheers!

Cannot run iTunes for PC after installing latest iTunes SW update on 9/25/21

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.