Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

maps default "preferred type of travel"

iOS Apple Maps -- setting the default "preferred type of travel", such as automobile, does not "stick". Apple Maps always starts up with bus transit as the default. Very frustrating.

Setting the default in Settings/Maps has not effect whatsoever.

This did not happen in iOS 14 or before.

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 2:41 AM

For me it still doesn’t work but only with Public Transport after uninstalling and installing, closing and opening the app after settings changes etc. on iOS 15.1.1. I don’t have a car and it’s so frustrating to waste time and battery in a useless drive commute calculation… this is the reason why I have rid of the app. Pity because I find it beautifully designed.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 2:41 AM in response to krysjez

For me it still doesn’t work but only with Public Transport after uninstalling and installing, closing and opening the app after settings changes etc. on iOS 15.1.1. I don’t have a car and it’s so frustrating to waste time and battery in a useless drive commute calculation… this is the reason why I have rid of the app. Pity because I find it beautifully designed.

maps default "preferred type of travel"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.