Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Domain bug: Removed Email addresses still showing up in Apple Mail on Mac, iPhone, iPad

Dear Apple team,

I‘ve started using the custom domain service successfully.

One obvious, reproducible bug: If you add an email address to your custom domain, it is added as „send as“ address across all your mail apps (Mac, iPad, iPhone, iCloud).

HOWEVER, if you delete one of those email addresses via the custom domain interface, this email address is only removed from the iCloud email interface.

It remains on iPad, Mac and iPhone… which is pretty annoying and extremely unsafe since you are still able to send from those addresses even though they have been deleted for use!

When is this behavior going to be fixed? Addresses on custom domain need to be consistent across devices.

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 2:00 AM

I have this issue too and called apple support. They did inform me they are aware of this issue. Support told me their iCloud servers show my domains/ email addresses correctly but their other apple servers still show the deleted domain and email addresses. They’re supposed to be showing the same things which is why iCloud shows my correct email addresses and iOS and Mac still have my old deleted email address as a option to send from.

sorry I didn’t have a solution but you’re not a lone and I did submit screen shots to apple support to give to their engineers.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 2:00 AM in response to real_chris1003

I have this issue too and called apple support. They did inform me they are aware of this issue. Support told me their iCloud servers show my domains/ email addresses correctly but their other apple servers still show the deleted domain and email addresses. They’re supposed to be showing the same things which is why iCloud shows my correct email addresses and iOS and Mac still have my old deleted email address as a option to send from.

sorry I didn’t have a solution but you’re not a lone and I did submit screen shots to apple support to give to their engineers.

Oct 3, 2021 2:46 AM in response to superstilk

@superstilk

Thanks for your added feedback on this issue.

It's great apple are aware of the issue, however they gave you an very interesting response that the other the apple servers still show deleted domain and email addresses, seems to me that it's an easy fix, implement another AI software code to check if the first AI software code did the job first time round and if not email a support ticket to an apple team member :)

Custom Domain bug: Removed Email addresses still showing up in Apple Mail on Mac, iPhone, iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.