Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep my core library of sounds on my laptop, and the rest externally?

Hey all,

I have an external SSD which works fine with my Macbook, I'm just wanting to have Logic's factory libraries/samples stoped on my laptop, and all third-party ones (e.g. Spitfire) on the external drive, but have Logic use those samples when that drive is plugged in and available. How do I do that?

(I don't want to relocate my entire library to the drive if it can be helped.)

Thanks in advance,

Joel.

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 5:26 AM

Hi

VictorReznov981 wrote:
I'm just wanting to have Logic's factory libraries/samples stoped on my laptop, and all third-party ones (e.g. Spitfire) on the external drive, but have Logic use those samples when that drive is plugged in and available.

For 3rd party libraries, it should be enough to move the libraries to the external drive, then use a "re-locate" functionality in Native Access ( Kontakt Libraries) or Spitfire Audio app etc to point to the new locations.

CCT

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 5:26 AM in response to VictorReznov981

Hi

VictorReznov981 wrote:
I'm just wanting to have Logic's factory libraries/samples stoped on my laptop, and all third-party ones (e.g. Spitfire) on the external drive, but have Logic use those samples when that drive is plugged in and available.

For 3rd party libraries, it should be enough to move the libraries to the external drive, then use a "re-locate" functionality in Native Access ( Kontakt Libraries) or Spitfire Audio app etc to point to the new locations.

CCT

How do I keep my core library of sounds on my laptop, and the rest externally?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.