Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air macintosh hd deleted

Hi’ so I accidentally deleted my Macintosh hd in disk utility while trying to reset it. I can’t redownload the os or anything else. Can anyone help?

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 8:35 PM

misfortune1996 Said:

"MacBook Air macintosh hd deleted: Hi’ so I accidentally deleted my Macintosh hd in disk utility while trying to reset it. I can’t redownload the os or anything else. Can anyone help?"

-------

See a Question Mark?

Go here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Question Mark - Apple Support

Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [Command + R] upon boot). Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 8:35 PM in response to misfortune1996

misfortune1996 Said:

"MacBook Air macintosh hd deleted: Hi’ so I accidentally deleted my Macintosh hd in disk utility while trying to reset it. I can’t redownload the os or anything else. Can anyone help?"

-------

See a Question Mark?

Go here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Question Mark - Apple Support

Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [Command + R] upon boot). Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

Sep 30, 2021 8:26 PM in response to misfortune1996

Hi misfortune1996,

Please complete these steps to describe your disk layout. I can then provide specific steps to help get your internal drive set up correctly.

1. Start up from macOS Recovery.
  2. At the top of the screen, select Utilities -> Terminal.
  3. Type this command and hit Enter (Return): sw_vers
  4. Note the system version posted by Terminal.
  5. Type this command and hit Enter (Return): diskutil list
  6. Post the output here, along with the system version.

MacBook Air macintosh hd deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.