Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock on MacBook

Hello, please answer, I was selling a MacBook, the buyer asked me to log out of my account and go to his Apple ID, I suspected that if I did this, I would most likely lose access to the MacBook, but he assured me that if I press the button for additional functions, then he will enter the system as a guest. After gaining access to the poppy, he blocked it as stolen.I am the second owner, I have no receipt and box .

I know that I myself am to blame for what happened, tell me how to restore access to the Mac and enter my Apple ID.

I'm from Ukraine .

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 1:06 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Oct 1, 2021 3:09 PM in response to MaksimTsyganii

How old is the computer? I believe Activation Lock on Macs is relatively new and if this is an older machine you may be able to just erase it.

Click on this link to read about 'Activation Lock for Mac' --> https://support.apple.com/HT208987

Activation Lock is available on Mac computers with Apple silicon or the Apple T2 Security = only the newest Macs.

Oct 1, 2021 2:45 PM in response to MaksimTsyganii

MaksimTsyganii wrote:

And Apple cannot look at the user history and see that my Apple ID has been on this device for more than 4 months, and the new user (fraudster) blocked the device in a couple of seconds. I just don't know what to do with this MacBook now. Except how to sell for parts.

Apple doesn’t track ownership.

And if they did track ownership, by all appearances here you’re not the current owner, based on that Activation Lock.

Yeah, it’s not fun. And there are lots of scams around.

Oct 2, 2021 5:09 AM in response to MaksimTsyganii

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i5-2.3-13-mid-2018-true-tone-display-touch-bar-specs.html

Ah, that one does have a secondary T2 processor which means Activation Lock is possible. In that case everything stated in the first group of responses applies. You either need to account information for the lock, or you need to be able to prove to Apple that you are the rightful owner of the computer. This typically involves presenting the original receipt of the sale from Apple to the first owner, not from a secondary sale by a third party.

Oct 2, 2021 5:23 AM in response to MaksimTsyganii

Please do not use the code insertion tool unless you are posting a computer program code. It makes your replies very difficult to read.

Unfortunately you have been a scam victim and there is nothing you can do. Apple has built in all kinds of security for newer computers and I doubt you could simply replace a part and have it working again.

Activation Lock on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.