Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Activation Lock of MacBook Air

Hi,

I am a new apple user, and I was not aware of apple's activation lock feature. I bought a 2nd hand MacBook Air from Facebook marketplace from someone (who bought it from Craigslist), and I ran into an issue of Activation Loack recently. I don't know who the owner is. It seems to be useless for the last one month. By any chance apple can contact the owner of the Mac and if the user genuinely sold it, can it be unlocked? if this mac is stolen, I am willing to return it to the original owner. Now a days, product is being sold in so many channels where you don't often get the buying receipt. Apple should think on this how someone can get the taste of apple product not only buying it from store, also from different marketing platforms.

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 3:24 AM

Hi,

Sorry to say there is no way to inactivate without previous owner's Apple ID and its password.

Similar questions

1 reply

Remove Activation Lock of MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.