Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur and Music (iTunes)

After upgrading to Big Sur, Apple Music (iTunes) keeps timing out on me. I have a music library that I like to play on my computer and on my HomePod. Prior to upgrading, I had no issues with playing music. Now, if I try to play something long - an opera, for example - the music stops after about 15 minutes. I've driven myself nuts looking for something that would automatically time out the music and I can't find it.

Is there a new preference that overrides my settings?

FWIW, Big Sur also screwed up my wi-fi printer, but I just fixed that with a cable.

Does anybody have some answers?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 2:20 PM

Greetings, Windy605.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to resolve the issue with your Music timing out. 

Do you stream the Music from your Mac to your HomePod? If so, please ensure that your macOS is up-to-date:Update macOS on Mac 

Then, restart your Mac: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac 

If the issue continues, can you test streaming from another device?

We hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community.

Sincerely.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 2:20 PM in response to Windy605

Greetings, Windy605.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to resolve the issue with your Music timing out. 

Do you stream the Music from your Mac to your HomePod? If so, please ensure that your macOS is up-to-date:Update macOS on Mac 

Then, restart your Mac: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac 

If the issue continues, can you test streaming from another device?

We hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community.

Sincerely.

Big Sur and Music (iTunes)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.