Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max - Can’t stream videos via Airplay on my Hisense TV (R-7 model). IOS is 15.0.1 Pictures Stream fine.

Can’t stream videos via Airplay on my Hisense Roku Smart TV (R-7 model). IOS on my phone is updated to 15.0.1 Pictures Stream fine. I’ve restarted my TV and phone and reconnected the phone to the TV. Wireless provider is same on both devices.

Has anyone else had this issue? What can I do to resolve? It worked fine before getting my new phone but I had not tried it after updating the IOS to 15. Any suggestions?

7205X,

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 11:55 AM

I contacted Apple support (spoke with Bruce who was super helpful and patient) and ended up having to Reset All Settings. I also unplugged my router and my smart tv to reset them (doing these alone didn’t fix the issue). After Resetting All Settings I was able stream my personal videos to my smart tv after connecting back to my wifi, entering my iTunes password etc. My issue has been resolved.

To reset your phone, go to Settings, General, scroll to bottom, choose Reset and then you will get the options shown below. See below for what Reset All Settings does which was copied from the email received by Apple Support.

What Reset All Settings does

Resets all of your device’s settings like Wallpaper, Sounds, Display & Brightness, Background App Refresh, Date & Time, and more.

Resets Wi-Fi credentials in all iCloud Keychain devices that use the Apple ID if iCloud Keychain is turned on.

Removes all of your previously used Wi-Fi networks and passwords.

Removes your Apple Pay cards.

Deregisters your device from iMessage and FaceTime.

Removes your Touch ID & Passcode.

If Restrictions are turned on, it resets all of your restrictions.

Removes Face ID.

Resets accessibility settings.

It removes your encrypted backup password.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 11:55 AM in response to GreyLeiii

I contacted Apple support (spoke with Bruce who was super helpful and patient) and ended up having to Reset All Settings. I also unplugged my router and my smart tv to reset them (doing these alone didn’t fix the issue). After Resetting All Settings I was able stream my personal videos to my smart tv after connecting back to my wifi, entering my iTunes password etc. My issue has been resolved.

To reset your phone, go to Settings, General, scroll to bottom, choose Reset and then you will get the options shown below. See below for what Reset All Settings does which was copied from the email received by Apple Support.

What Reset All Settings does

Resets all of your device’s settings like Wallpaper, Sounds, Display & Brightness, Background App Refresh, Date & Time, and more.

Resets Wi-Fi credentials in all iCloud Keychain devices that use the Apple ID if iCloud Keychain is turned on.

Removes all of your previously used Wi-Fi networks and passwords.

Removes your Apple Pay cards.

Deregisters your device from iMessage and FaceTime.

Removes your Touch ID & Passcode.

If Restrictions are turned on, it resets all of your restrictions.

Removes Face ID.

Resets accessibility settings.

It removes your encrypted backup password.

Oct 6, 2021 4:37 PM in response to faith185

I have a similar problem. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max 128gb. I am unable to stream any video from any of my paid streaming services: AppleTV+, Disney+, Discovery+, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. My wife has an iPhone 13 Pro 128gb but she is able to stream from all those services. This cannot be a network issue as her phone streams without problem on the same network. Similarly, I am able to stream from my iPad on the same network. I have tried logging out of all those services. I have deleted the apps and reinstalled. I have restarted my phone numerous times. Is this a glitch with iOS 15.0.1?

Oct 2, 2021 2:37 PM in response to GreyLeiii

Hello GreyLeiii,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues with AirPlaying from your iPhone to your Smart TV.

It sounds like you've tried some great troubleshooting so far. We noticed that you reviewed Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch which is a great start to making sure that everything is set up properly. Next, make sure that you have tried all steps from If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device.

Take care.

Oct 6, 2021 8:12 PM in response to ddubldub

When connecting to the apps you mentioned did you get a message similar to the photo below? If so, you must allow app to connect to devices on your local network. I attempted this after seeing your post and was able to stream to my TV from these paid streaming apps but only after I hit OK. I still can’t stream my personal videos via AirPlay from my phone to the TV but at least videos from all the apps you mentioned stream now. Hope this helps.

Oct 6, 2021 7:03 PM in response to faith185

I’m sorry to see that someone else is having issues with streaming videos via AirPlay using their new iPhone 13 Pro Max but it’s nice to see I’m not the only one. I’ve tried all suggested troubleshooting solutions plus some and nothing has changed the fact I cannot stream videos via AirPlay to my smart tv after upgrading to my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I can stream photos only. I’ve also followed all steps to disconnect my old device and pair again with my smart tv. A friend with an iPhone 11 can still steam videos and photos. It’s not a network issue. It appears to be an issue with the IOS 15.0.1 or with the phone itself. Apple could you please research?

If anyone else is also having this issue please post so Apple will work resolve this issue.

Oct 6, 2021 9:52 PM in response to GreyLeiii

My problem is similar to faith185, but not the same. I have the same iPhone model. But my issue is not airplaying video. When first using any video app, I receive the dialogue box you mention GreyLeiii. I click ok. But I am not seeking at this point to even airplay. I cannot get the videos to stream to my phone. These videos will not play on the phone. Just as a test, I am able to play videos in the YouTube app and on the Reuters news app. I think the problem lies in apps that require a login, like I mentioned in my previous post. Furthermore, the issue seems to be device specific. I am logged in to my iPad with the same user information. I can play everything fine from that device.

Oct 9, 2021 1:04 AM in response to Diver_David

Try this:

Toggle Off the On the Bluetooth setting on your Apple TV and then:

1. Using your iPhone 13, find the video that you want to stream. 

2. Once you press ‘Play,’ wait for a moment until the video starts playing on your phone. 

3. Now, tap on the ‘AirPlay‘ icon. It should be right next to playback controls

4. Your iPhone will now scan for devices compatible with AirPlay 2. 

5. Pick the device that you want to use for screen casting. It takes a little to connect.

That’s it!

All my other IPhones I could turn on AirPlay from the iPhone control panel then go choose the video I wanted to play on my TV.

This hopefully can be fixed.

Oct 9, 2021 9:11 AM in response to Diver_David

Hi. Thanks for your response. I’m using a Hisense TV (R-7 model) smart tv not an Apple TV. It is a compatible device and is updated. My Roku Express 4K device on my other tv is also compatible but having the same issue. I did try the steps you suggested and when scanning it picks up my smart tv but it won’t play my personal videos taken with my iPhone. It streams my photos but won’t stream/play my personal videos via AirPlay to either device. I’m able stream/play content from my paid streaming services but not my personal video shot on my phone. My boyfriend also got an iPhone 13 Pro Max but didn’t update to IOS 15.0.1. He was able to stream his videos to my smart tv with no issue so it seems to be an issue with IOS 15. Thanks again for trying to help!

iPhone 13 Pro Max - Can’t stream videos via Airplay on my Hisense TV (R-7 model). IOS is 15.0.1 Pictures Stream fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.