Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight search bar

How to remove spotlight search bar from the Lock Screen on iOS 15.1? Because it’s getting annoying when I’m holding my phone and the sensor lights up the screen because of the movement the spotlight search bar pops up and i start to type unknowingly.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 8:57 AM

Hello raeda272,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you'd like to remove the search option on your iPhone Lock Screen. We'd be happy to help.

Here's how to Control access to information on the iPhone Lock Screen. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with Face ID) or Touch ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with a Home button), then toggle off Today View and Search.

Have a nice day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 8:57 AM in response to raeda272

Hello raeda272,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you'd like to remove the search option on your iPhone Lock Screen. We'd be happy to help.

Here's how to Control access to information on the iPhone Lock Screen. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with Face ID) or Touch ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with a Home button), then toggle off Today View and Search.

Have a nice day.

Spotlight search bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.