Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact Syncing

I'm really struggling setting up my new iMac (first Apple desktop). Everything seems to sync except my contacts. Followed this and several other web articles. Settings seem okay. Anyone have any experience with this issue?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 8:28 AM

You need to ensure iCloud is setup on your devices. Please refer to iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud

3 replies

Oct 4, 2021 8:27 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks for the reply. I had already verified this and all other suggestions listed in Apple Support and other online forums/articles. The final resolution was when I went to Contact-Groups-All iCloud and deselected it on my iPhone. Then, when I looked at my contacts the list was empty, which indicated that they were being provided by Google Contacts not iCloud. The next step was to export them from Google Contacts and Import them into Apple Contacts. Once I did they synced across devices just as they are supposed to.

Contact Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.