Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

medical id won’t stop backing up to icloud

on my ipad air 3rd gen running ios 15.0.1 i keep going into settings>icloud>manage storage>back ups>ipad> medical id and turning it off and deleting it from items to be backed up but everytime i go back in and check, its on again and backing up the data.

i’m guessing this is related to the apple health app? i don’t like the app, don’t use it and have never set it up so i don’t know why now all of a sudden its on the list of things being backed up. i don’t even have the health app on my ipad but it is on my iphone 13 cause i cant delete it but its not even in the backup list on my iphone.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 6:39 AM

Hello, blueapple33.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you would like to stop your Medical ID from being backed up to iCloud.

You are correct that it is not available on iPad. To remove it from your iPhone, go to Settings > Health > Medical ID, select 'Edit' in the top right corner, scroll down, and you should have an option to 'Delete Medical ID.'

Set up your Medical ID in the Health app on your iPhone - Apple Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 6:39 AM in response to blueapple33

Hello, blueapple33.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you would like to stop your Medical ID from being backed up to iCloud.

You are correct that it is not available on iPad. To remove it from your iPhone, go to Settings > Health > Medical ID, select 'Edit' in the top right corner, scroll down, and you should have an option to 'Delete Medical ID.'

Set up your Medical ID in the Health app on your iPhone - Apple Support

Take care.

medical id won’t stop backing up to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.