Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I get the “load content “ email instruction on iPad but not iPhone?

Since installing IOS 15 on my iPad, no content of my emails will load without me hitting the button. It does not do that on my iPhone. Why?

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 8:26 AM

Hi RickBrew,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand you are seeing "Unable to load remote content privately" when accessing email on your iPad.

It sounds like you may have Mail Privacy Protection enabled on your iPad. You can tap Settings > Mail > Privacy Protection to check. If enabled, toggle this feature off to see if the issue persists.

You can learn more about Mail Privacy Protection here:

As discussed in the resource you came to us from, "Mail Privacy Protection in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 hides your IP address, so email senders can’t determine your location or link it to your other online activity.

In some cases, Mail isn’t able to download remote content in an email in a private way. This may happen if you’re using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).

Mail won’t load this content without your permission and instead notifies you that it's unable to load remote content privately.

You can tap Load Content to bypass the warning, and allow Mail to receive the remote content without using Mail Privacy Protection. If your device is using a VPN for this content, the content will be loaded through the VPN rather than through Mail Privacy Protection."

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 8:26 AM in response to RickBrew

Hi RickBrew,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand you are seeing "Unable to load remote content privately" when accessing email on your iPad.

It sounds like you may have Mail Privacy Protection enabled on your iPad. You can tap Settings > Mail > Privacy Protection to check. If enabled, toggle this feature off to see if the issue persists.

You can learn more about Mail Privacy Protection here:

As discussed in the resource you came to us from, "Mail Privacy Protection in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 hides your IP address, so email senders can’t determine your location or link it to your other online activity.

In some cases, Mail isn’t able to download remote content in an email in a private way. This may happen if you’re using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).

Mail won’t load this content without your permission and instead notifies you that it's unable to load remote content privately.

You can tap Load Content to bypass the warning, and allow Mail to receive the remote content without using Mail Privacy Protection. If your device is using a VPN for this content, the content will be loaded through the VPN rather than through Mail Privacy Protection."

Cheers!

Why do I get the “load content “ email instruction on iPad but not iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.