Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pausing while watching Apple TV+

If I pause a movie or tv show for more than just a few moments, my place is lost and I have to start at the beginning and forward to where I left off. I am using the Apple TV app on a Samsung television.

UNU7090,

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 8:44 PM

Hello there,

If you’re experiencing playback issues, it’s likely going to be some software issue with the app itself.

I would recommend trying to replicate the issue via the TV app on an Apple device if one is available, if not, you can access tv.apple.com via your preferred web browser.

If the issue is not replicated on a different device, try navigating through your Samsung TV settings, delete the Apple TV app, re-download it and see what happens.

If the issue does happen on a different device, it could by a service issue. To verify current system status, you can visit the following site: https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Hope it helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 8:44 PM in response to Momoftwingirls

Hello there,

If you’re experiencing playback issues, it’s likely going to be some software issue with the app itself.

I would recommend trying to replicate the issue via the TV app on an Apple device if one is available, if not, you can access tv.apple.com via your preferred web browser.

If the issue is not replicated on a different device, try navigating through your Samsung TV settings, delete the Apple TV app, re-download it and see what happens.

If the issue does happen on a different device, it could by a service issue. To verify current system status, you can visit the following site: https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Hope it helps!

Pausing while watching Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.