Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple TV turns on by itself?

My apple TV turns on by itself and switches the source from from cable box to Apple TV. My television is on using our cable box and I am nowhere near my Siri Remote. It seems this happens when the Apple TV loads an update since I get the boot-up screen before the Apple TV interface becomes visible. That doesn't happen when I simply turn the Apple TV box on.

I am also curious if a nearby Apple remote can trigger my box. Today, my television switched to Apple TV and displayed an airplay code that appeared to have my neighbor's username.

Are these situations normal? Are they preventable?

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 5:16 PM

Today, my television switched to Apple TV and displayed an airplay code that appeared to have my neighbor's username.

You can change your AirPlay settings to only allow connections from devices that are on the same home network. That should prevent your neighbors from accidentally connecting.

Adjust AirPlay and HomeKit settings - Use AirPlay - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 5:16 PM in response to tcherted

Today, my television switched to Apple TV and displayed an airplay code that appeared to have my neighbor's username.

You can change your AirPlay settings to only allow connections from devices that are on the same home network. That should prevent your neighbors from accidentally connecting.

Adjust AirPlay and HomeKit settings - Use AirPlay - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

My apple TV turns on by itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.