You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 11 has deleted my Gmail, and as I opened email folder, these emails were deleted. I have rebooted, and deleted the email account then replaced. I still have 98% missing emails.

How do return these emails?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:47 PM

patknit2 Said:

"My iPhone 11 has deleted my Gmail, and as I opened email folder, these emails were deleted. I have rebooted, and deleted the email account then replaced. I still have 98% missing emails. How do return these emails?"

-------

Verify on gmail Domain:

Are these shown on gmail.com, itself?

Export from Mail on Mac:

If Mail was enabled on your Mac, then check the Messages app on your Mac to see if these messages exist in it. You'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Massages app. Then proceed from there with retrieving it. Important: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection. Then, export the mailboxes. Once exported, restart the Mac, and power up the router. Once all is back up, import these messages. See Here: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2021 9:47 PM in response to patknit2

patknit2 Said:

"My iPhone 11 has deleted my Gmail, and as I opened email folder, these emails were deleted. I have rebooted, and deleted the email account then replaced. I still have 98% missing emails. How do return these emails?"

-------

Verify on gmail Domain:

Are these shown on gmail.com, itself?

Export from Mail on Mac:

If Mail was enabled on your Mac, then check the Messages app on your Mac to see if these messages exist in it. You'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Massages app. Then proceed from there with retrieving it. Important: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection. Then, export the mailboxes. Once exported, restart the Mac, and power up the router. Once all is back up, import these messages. See Here: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

My iPhone 11 has deleted my Gmail, and as I opened email folder, these emails were deleted. I have rebooted, and deleted the email account then replaced. I still have 98% missing emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.