Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change Delay units in Logic Pro X

How do you change the Delay units from Beats to either Ticks or Milliseconds in the Logic Pro X inspector.

I'm trying to add delay to acoustic tracks in Milliseconds on a spot microphones to synchronize its sound wave with those of the Room microphones.

I've tried using the Delay Designer, Stereo Designer and the Inspector Delay setting and haven't been able to find either a Millisecond or a Tick setting for delays.

I suppose I could try nudging regions which I believe can be done in Milliseconds

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 10:07 AM

Go to the Project Settings > General and deselect the checkbox Use musical grid. This will change the Main Ruler from Bars/Beats to SMPTE and tick units are displayed as ms

Hope that helps,

Edgar R. (my "UserName")

Author of the best-selling book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" (endorsed by Apple)

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 6, 2021 6:34 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

Much appreciated Edgar. This has really helped with more precise nudging of tracks.

I am trying to synchronize 3 paired microphones to minimize phase issues – two sets of stereo spot microphones and one room microphone farther away. Do you happen to know if there is an automated way of synchronizing regions in Logic Pro. I know there is is Final Cut Pro.

If not, it would speed up workflows immensely if Logic automated synchronization. Even when I boost the gain in the file editor (and then undo the post later) to more clearly see the audio waves, it is very difficult to synchronize tracks manually.

How do you change Delay units in Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.