Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disney watch face graphic disappears since upgrade of watch OS

Why does the Mickey watch face disappear often on the watch while in use since upgrade to watch OS 8.0?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 8:58 PM

33 replies

Oct 6, 2021 3:17 PM in response to kboo1973

Hi kboo1973,

We understand you're missing the Mickey Mouse watch face on your Apple Watch. We're happy to help.

To add the face back, you're going to need to grab your paired iPhone. Go in to the Watch app, then select the Face Gallery tab at the bottom of the screen. From there you'll want to scroll down to the Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse section, it'll be about half-way down the page. Tap on the Mickey Mouse face, then select Add.

Explore the Face Gallery on Apple Watch

Once it has been added to your watch, you can then change the face on the watch. If you have multiple watch faces added to your watch, there's two ways you can change them. You can swipe left or right across the entire watch screen to flick through the different faces you have added to your watch, or you can tap and hold on your current watch face then scroll through your saved faces and select the one you want.

Change the watch face on your Apple Watch

We hope this helps. Cheers!

Oct 22, 2021 6:38 PM in response to kboo1973

Same. It's been happening with my Minnie Mouse face for about a month. If I reset the watch, the face would come back but disappeared again after a few hours. I've been through multiple calls with Apple, had an hour-long visit to the Genius Bar, endured countless text chats, and finally sent the watch in for repair and ... they sent it right back because they couldn't duplicate the problem. Um, yes, because they only kept it an hour and then gave up. I am super frustrated and see from this thread the problem isn't just with my watch ... Apple, you need a fix here! And soon! I'm about to see if the store I bought it from would make an exception to their return policy since Apple is not willing/able to repair it.

Oct 19, 2021 5:52 AM in response to kboo1973

I have the same issue with my Apple Watch 6. I've tried to delete the faces and add them back in, unpair - pair, reset the watch by turning it off and back on and I've updated the software to iOS 8.0.1. Everything I've tried has been a temporary fix, but it happens so frequently. Sometimes daily or even multiple times a day. I haven't tried all of the faces, but it does happen with Mickey & Minnie faces and not Toy Story. The voices are still there, it's the image that disappears.

It was not happening with iPhone X, but now that I'm on 13 it happens all of the time. Is it an iOS 8 thing on the watch, an issue with pairing with iPhone 13, or iOS 15.x? So frustrating!!

Apple - PLEASE fix this!!

Nov 5, 2021 7:38 PM in response to kboo1973

Me too! Even after the latest update. I’ve found that I don’t have to turn the watch off to get it back. That works, but if I swipe through the watch faces on my watch, then swipe back the Mickey pic returns. I find that easier than restarting the watch. Discovered that by accident when checking to see if Mickey was the only face affected.

Disney watch face graphic disappears since upgrade of watch OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.