Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Apple TV model A1427 (3rd generation). I can now no longer view ESPN. What do I do?

I have Apple TV model A1427 (3rd generation). I can now no longer view ESPN. What do I do? Or which newer Apple TV model will accommodate getting ESPN?

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 2:11 PM

It's pretty close to being that easy. And, if you have a 3rd gen, it's probably quite a while since you had to do the set up so not surprising the details aren't fresh in your mind!

See here:

Set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

The interface is different (it's been a while since my 2nd gen so I don't remember exactly what things looked like) but not hard. You may be surprised at first at how few icons there are. That's because you have to download the apps you want.

Start here:

Download apps on your Apple TV - Apple Support

And, people are always here to answer questions.

Best of luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 2:11 PM in response to Capp2014

It's pretty close to being that easy. And, if you have a 3rd gen, it's probably quite a while since you had to do the set up so not surprising the details aren't fresh in your mind!

See here:

Set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

The interface is different (it's been a while since my 2nd gen so I don't remember exactly what things looked like) but not hard. You may be surprised at first at how few icons there are. That's because you have to download the apps you want.

Start here:

Download apps on your Apple TV - Apple Support

And, people are always here to answer questions.

Best of luck.

I have Apple TV model A1427 (3rd generation). I can now no longer view ESPN. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.