Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Severe Battery drain watch os8

Since updating my series 6 watch to watch os8 the battery is dying quicker and quicker each day. Today it lasted 2 hrs before I got the 10% low battery warning!!! How can I fix this please? I’ve unpaired and re-paired to my iPhone 12 already.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 6:14 PM

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 6:14 PM in response to anihan81

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

Severe Battery drain watch os8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.