Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message

So I’m seeing a lot of people on post of them taking a screenshot of a text message and The back of the screen is blurry and you cannot see other text messages but that one text and when I hold down my text it’s a completely black screen I want the blurry screen why is my screen dark black…?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 9:45 PM

I want to make sure that we are taking about text messages in the Apple Messages app on your iPhone. You are right, that if you Touch and Hold a text then the rest of the screen within the text message window is blurred except the test that was chosen.

Let's double check that the Reduce Transparency Mode is not set to ON.

Open Settings ➔ Accessibility ➔ Display & Text Size ➔ Reduce Transparency: Ensure that this is set to OFF.

If the above is set correctly, then Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 9:45 PM in response to Love-24

I want to make sure that we are taking about text messages in the Apple Messages app on your iPhone. You are right, that if you Touch and Hold a text then the rest of the screen within the text message window is blurred except the test that was chosen.

Let's double check that the Reduce Transparency Mode is not set to ON.

Open Settings ➔ Accessibility ➔ Display & Text Size ➔ Reduce Transparency: Ensure that this is set to OFF.

If the above is set correctly, then Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.