Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dock always on top in fullscreen mode

How to keep the dock always on top in „fullscreen mode” on MacOS? I want to keep in constantly visible. Is any solution or maybe 3th party app? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 6:41 AM

I have to ask: why? What do you gain by giving away a valuable screen real estate for something that is not being used?

The Dock can always be activated by moving the cursor to its general area.

Why have it always visible? And in fullscreen to boot, where one is supposed to be more focused on one application?

Indeed, I fail to see why would the Dock should be kept visible all the time, regardless of full screen.

It wastes screen space, and is kind of an eyesore too.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 6:41 AM in response to M__A__X

I have to ask: why? What do you gain by giving away a valuable screen real estate for something that is not being used?

The Dock can always be activated by moving the cursor to its general area.

Why have it always visible? And in fullscreen to boot, where one is supposed to be more focused on one application?

Indeed, I fail to see why would the Dock should be kept visible all the time, regardless of full screen.

It wastes screen space, and is kind of an eyesore too.

Dock always on top in fullscreen mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.