Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appletv+ channel not loading on roku

AppleTV+ channel was working on my roku just a few days ago and now all it does is flash the logo and then the screen goes black. I’ve tried uninstalling the channel, restarting the roku, and reinstalling the channel numerous times and nothing works. I’ve resigned into my account on my phone and reinstalled the channel and it still doesn’t work. Every other app works fine just not appleTV and I just paid for the subscription. Please internet have a solution other than uninstalls restart reinstall.

4230X,

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 12:22 PM

Hey J9party... looks like Roku just fixed this issue... here is the post from the Roku support forum,,,

10/12/2021 Roku update of OS 1474->4181 and airplay update fixed both AirPlay and AppleTV problems last night. Roku3-4200X.

I tested this update on my Roku 3 - 4200X, and problem fixed!

MS

4 replies

Oct 11, 2021 8:14 AM in response to J9party

Same problem here - here is my exact post on the issue, says the same thing only with a little more detail. I also posted this to a Roku support blog, and they say it is Apples App that is the issue, and has nothing to do with their box, and I believe that. Here is my original post...

I had recently installed Apple TV on my Roku 3 4200 X, and everything went well and I was able to watch anything I wanted, including apple plus shows. Starting today, when I select Apple TV from the menu, it briefly flashes the Apple TV logo on the screen then goes blank and won't do anything... it totally crashes the Roku box. When I press the home button, all the channels are just flickering on the screen and won't properly load. I can either reset the box, or navigate to one of the other channels, and even though it's flickering and you can't read it, if I choose it it will load nonetheless, and then I can back out of that and everything looks normal again.

What have I tried?  I have deleted and reinstalled the Apple TV app no fewer than six times. I have made sure that the Roku box is completely up to date. I have removed the SD card, then rebooted and reinstalled Apple TV.  Every time I uninstall the app, I also reboot the system before I reinstall it. I have done a cold reset on my high-speed AT&T router. All other channels and apps on my Roku device work properly with no issues, its only the Apple TV app that crashes. I'm wondering if maybe there was an Apple TV app update in the last couple days, or a Roku update that's now causing this problem? I have a different newer Roku box in the other room on another TV and the Apple App works fine there.  According to the system info screen, my unit is a Roku model 3, 4200X, running software version 10.5.0, build #4174-04 if that helps anyone.  One coincidence here is that I signed up for a 7-day free trial that would convert to a paid subscription after the seven days, and this issue seems to have coincided with the expiration of my free trial period… I thought I should include that information just in case it matters. Sure hope somebody has the answer to this issue...

Oct 11, 2021 8:12 PM in response to J9party

By the way, here is a work around to watch Apple TV on your big TV using your laptop.

I have Windows 10 on a fairly new laptop - not sure if earlier versions of Windows can do this, but I think it has been available since Windows 7 - maybe Vista.  Pretty sure the Apple OS can do this too.  

First, sign into your Apple account on your laptop, and navigate to watch Apple TV.

On your TV, select your Roku as the input - just leave it on the home screen.

On your laptop (remember, this is for Windows 10 - your OS may have a different path to this feature), go to Settings > System > Display > scroll down to Multiple Displays, and select "Connect to a wireless display".  In the pane that opens on the right, you will see available devices you can connect to.  If you don't see your Roku device, click on search.  This works via Wi-Fi, NOT Bluetooth, so you don't need to turn that on.  When you click on the Roku device, you should see your computer connect to your TV, and play whatever is playing on your laptop.  And this works for anything you might watch on your computer - your own video library, YouTube, whatever!

MS

Appletv+ channel not loading on roku

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.