Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to update from Yosemite to Sierra. Downloaded InstallMacOSX as per instructions on this page and ran but nothing happens. What else do I need to do? The installer runs through and is complete but no change to os?? help

Trying to update from Yosemite to Sierra. Downloaded InstallMacOSX as per instructions on this page (below) and ran but nothing happens. What else do I need to do? The installer runs through and is complete but no change to os?? help

Safari downloads the following older installers as a disk image named InstallOS.dmg or InstallMacOSX.dmg. Open the disk image, then open the .pkg installer inside the disk image. It installs an app named Install [Version Name]. Open that app from your Applications folder to begin installing the operating system.

iMac 27″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 2:09 AM

All good - found it in applications. Now installing

Similar questions

1 reply

Trying to update from Yosemite to Sierra. Downloaded InstallMacOSX as per instructions on this page and ran but nothing happens. What else do I need to do? The installer runs through and is complete but no change to os?? help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.