You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPadOS 15.0.2 Storage Reporting Issues

Since updating to iPadOS 15.0.2 my iPads are displaying incorrect storage information on the devices.

Also, the finder windows on my iMac show similarly incorrect storage status information. I have no issues with iOS 15.0.2 on my iPhone so this seems to be an iPad-specific issue.

I have attached pictures from both iPads to show the problem. On one, it says zero used when actually it’s about 270GB. On the other it shows 41GB used when used is about 200GB.

Anyone else had this issue. I’m guessing yes.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 3:50 PM

There is definitely an issue with mis-reporting of storage space; you will find multiple reports of this issue in both the iPad and iPhone Apple Support Communities. You are not alone in experiencing this problem.

I too have an issue whereby an iPad Pro with iPadOS 15.0.2 is under-reporting used space by at least 20GB.

At present there is no fix or workaround for this issue - other than to be aware of the problem. Unless you device has inadequate storage capacity for your current needs, the issue should not impact your use of the device.

Anyone experiencing this or other software bugs are strongly advised to submit a bug report via Apple’s Product Feedback portal. For iPad:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

When submitting a bug report, please ensure that you detail both the device model and installed version of iOS/iPadOS in the main body of the report.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2021 3:50 PM in response to georgefromspring

There is definitely an issue with mis-reporting of storage space; you will find multiple reports of this issue in both the iPad and iPhone Apple Support Communities. You are not alone in experiencing this problem.

I too have an issue whereby an iPad Pro with iPadOS 15.0.2 is under-reporting used space by at least 20GB.

At present there is no fix or workaround for this issue - other than to be aware of the problem. Unless you device has inadequate storage capacity for your current needs, the issue should not impact your use of the device.

Anyone experiencing this or other software bugs are strongly advised to submit a bug report via Apple’s Product Feedback portal. For iPad:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

When submitting a bug report, please ensure that you detail both the device model and installed version of iOS/iPadOS in the main body of the report.

IPadOS 15.0.2 Storage Reporting Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.