Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sidebar on ipad

I have read all the comments about how to get rid of the annoying side bar on my iPad but none of them work I have a side bar on everything I do on my iPad from emails to Safari to everything I've tried hitting the blue bookmark nothing happens I can delete what's in the side bar but I can't delete the side bar itself

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 6:18 AM

The Mail Sidebar is fixed in landscape orientation - and cannot be suppressed.

The Safari Sidebar can be hidden. If the Book icon to the left of the address bar is highlighted blue, the sidebar is active and visible. Tap the book icon - and the sidebar will be hidden.

This setting is “sticky”; if the Safari window is closed whist the Book icon is blue, Safari will re-open next time with the sidebar visible. By contrast, if the Safari window is closed while the book icon is white, Safari will re-open with the sidebar hidden.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 6:18 AM in response to Sambosana

The Mail Sidebar is fixed in landscape orientation - and cannot be suppressed.

The Safari Sidebar can be hidden. If the Book icon to the left of the address bar is highlighted blue, the sidebar is active and visible. Tap the book icon - and the sidebar will be hidden.

This setting is “sticky”; if the Safari window is closed whist the Book icon is blue, Safari will re-open next time with the sidebar visible. By contrast, if the Safari window is closed while the book icon is white, Safari will re-open with the sidebar hidden.

Sidebar on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.