Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max 1110 error

My iPhone 12 pro max is now stuck in an endless Apple loop. I tried a hard reboot. That didn't work. Then I tried to update it in restore mode. In the end I got an error 1110. I have no idea what that means, I can't find that error code anywhere. I tried updating using a Mac Book Pro. Any one can help?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 9:34 AM

Apple, I'm waiting for a solution. I don't accept losing my data.

54 replies

Nov 20, 2021 2:33 PM in response to Error1110

I'm having the same issue. Because I do not want to lose any of my data, I have purchased a new phone. I have tried several tools as well with no success thus far. It is frustrating as I depend on my phone quite a lot. Did not have a recent back up because my cloud storage was full. Nonetheless, I will keep my phone as is in hopes someone finds a solution.

Nov 3, 2021 2:44 AM in response to Error1110

The problem is that your device does not have enough space to install a system update during the restart. The solution is free up some space on your device, but it is not possible cause it cannot turn on. AFAIK, there is not a way to free up space using the recovery mode.

I am having the same issue right now. It looks like apple devices are not ready for this scenario. I am running out of space cause it is a nightmare transfer my media files to my pc. Now I have more than +200 gb of media that must be deleted during the restoration process to make my phone work, or I will not be able to use my phone until apple fixes this issue (if they do it someday). This situation is frustrating, I even bought a couple of repair tools that promise to fix the system but they did not work either.

Oct 17, 2021 7:54 AM in response to Error1110

Hi there Error1110, 

We understand that when attempting to update your iPhone, you’re encountering an error message. 

We’d like to have you work through the steps in the following article, based on the verbiage of the error you’re seeing. Even if the error number is not shown, there may be more in the message that can point you in the right direction. For example, some times an error can have a number but say, "an unknown error occurred [error number],”. 

iOS update and restore errors

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Nov 3, 2021 3:30 PM in response to pawzap

This happened to my SE2 with nearly full storage as well. I was using the Twitter app when suddenly the app crashed. iOS home screen was still working but I could not start any other apps. I restarted but got in the dreaded boot loop.

If you Google for "itunes error 1110", then most reports are from the last few weeks, which suggests that this error/regression was introduced recently. Hopefully Apple will produce a fix when enough people report it. It's really crap when your phone gets bricked because of full storage.

References

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253260914 [this]

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253234723

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253292610

Nov 22, 2021 5:11 PM in response to Error1110

I've taken the phone to the Genius Bar and also talked with Apple technical support on the phone. The only solution Apple is able to provide at the moment is to reset the phone to verify the hardware is still good and get the latest OS (15.1) on the phone. Still holding out, as I don't want to lose all the data. Still upset that the phone is essentially bricked from rebooting it after clearing off a data to free up space on it.

I have taken the phone to multiple phone repair and recovery shops in town. Since the phone is stuck in a boot loop and doesn't get to a stable state, they can't offer any of their solutions for data extraction.

Now to look into a data recovery solution that sacrifices the phone to get the memory. Any suggestions?

Opened another thread and updating there as new options are explored and tried.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253386433

Dec 8, 2021 12:00 PM in response to Error1110

Hello ~Try this information from a prior post by one of our knowledgeable senior posters here in this forum *Axel Foley*

Try and Force Restart your iPhone exactly as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

~Katana-San~

Nov 15, 2021 12:44 AM in response to Error1110

Next time, you have to pay for a backup solution!

Apple clearly can take your data from phone & use the PC/Mac as a temporarily "buffer" storage until update is completely successful , even in case of problems at least data is safely reside on PC/Mac (encrypted of course) so you don't lose.

But alas, Apple way is to pay for it!

Next time: prepare to backup through various free backup service like your own cloud & time machine (local server) (check nextcloud) , you can also use google photo for backup (free 15GB) , for other data you can spread some through dropbox, onedrive ..etc.

Be warned though, Apple's ecosystem from ground up is constructed around forcing customers pay for service, so restrictions will always -always- apply.

Nov 19, 2021 1:31 PM in response to dventura11

Would be great if they had a light weight OS that could be the "Update" image. Doesn't even need to have a GUI, maybe just an image to show the phone is alive and connectable to a machine to pull all the data.

Once you have your data recovered, clear off some space on the device and then actually update to the latest OS.

Understand not wanting to release an OS like that out in the wild, but should at least give the Genius Bar this capability.

Really don't want to lose all the data on this phone and hoping for a quick solution to this problem. Bricking a phone for using it's storage is not great... I had the same symptoms as another user. Was using an app and it was getting glitchy. So closed all the apps out and started deleting some pictures to clear out a little more space. Then rebooted and now its stuck in a reboot loop. And get error 1110 when I try to update to 15.1.

iPhone 12 Pro Max 1110 error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.