Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get a sign in error when trying to sign into my tv provider, saying my username or password is incorrect when in fact it is correct.

I get a sign in error saying my username or password is incorrect when in fact it is correct. I can sign onto my tv provider’s website easily with the same username and password. I have tried changing the password and nothing is working.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 10:08 PM

shak141 Said:

"I get a sign in error saying my username or password is incorrect when in fact it is correct. I can sign onto my tv provider’s website easily with the same username and password. I have tried changing the password and nothing is working."

-------

Perhaps this is not an Option?:

1. Go Here: Sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. As it reads: "If your TV provider doesn't support signing in with your TV provider, your TV provider is saved so you don’t have to select it again, but you’ll still need to sign in to each app with your TV provider account information."
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 10:08 PM in response to shak141

shak141 Said:

"I get a sign in error saying my username or password is incorrect when in fact it is correct. I can sign onto my tv provider’s website easily with the same username and password. I have tried changing the password and nothing is working."

-------

Perhaps this is not an Option?:

1. Go Here: Sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. As it reads: "If your TV provider doesn't support signing in with your TV provider, your TV provider is saved so you don’t have to select it again, but you’ll still need to sign in to each app with your TV provider account information."

Oct 16, 2021 10:03 PM in response to shak141

I also am receiving that message. I also contacted my TV Provider and nothing is wrong on their end. Something is wrong with apple communicating with the TV Provider servers. The customer service people had androids and they were able to log on through the TV Provider. My iphones and ipads are not connecting and saying incorrect password or user name.

Oct 17, 2021 10:17 AM in response to TheLittles

It’s happening to me also, but only on ONE of my iPads—the one with iPad OS14.8. DISH IS an option and we have ALREADY BEEN USING THIS PROVIDER with NO CHANGE IN USERNAME/PASSWORD. It is NOT happening on my iPad OS 12.5.5 and the older OS is still using my OLD PASSWORD—I changed my password because it wouldn’t work on the website login either. So, it appears it may be an AUTHENTICATION ERROR between the TV Provider setting and Dish. And, I’m using the username/password combination from Keychain, so I know it’s CORRECT. It was CORRECT when the error started occurring yesterday evening. I changed my password because I couldn’t login to my online account—probably because my password was locked due to AUTHENTICATION FAILURE.

I get a sign in error when trying to sign into my tv provider, saying my username or password is incorrect when in fact it is correct.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.