Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archiving Only Trimmed Clips In Final Cut Pro

Is there any way to archive a Final Cut Pro project so that only the trimmed media are copied to the library? I am editing 8K raw files that are very large in size and I would really prefer only to archive the project with trimmed media rather than the full clip of which I have used only a small part. If Final Cut Pro does not provide this feature does anyone know of a reliable third party plugin or app that will do this? thanks in advance.

Tom

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 8:56 AM

4 replies

Oct 17, 2021 9:49 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I purchased the worx4 program and applied it to the fcpxml of my project which was a mixture of 8K raw clips recorded internally on the Canon R5 and 5K prores raw clips recorded externally on a Ninja V+. Extensive cropping, sharpening, Neat Video Noise Reduction and Color Finale color grading effects were applied to these clips. The worx4 program reduced the size of my archived library from slightly more than 150 Gb to 87 Gb by correctly using only the trimmed clips. Tom, thank you for referring me to this program.

Tom

Archiving Only Trimmed Clips In Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.