Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't edit portrait photo from iPhone 13 Pro in macOS Photos

I just moved to an iPhone 13 Pro from an 11.

If I take a portrait photo with the 13 and view it in macOS Photos it tells me it is a portrait photo and the background is blurred.

But I can't edit it to change lighting effect or depth of field like I could with my 11. When you click edit the portrait edit options are missing. New and old portrait photos taken with my iPhone 11 can still be edited just fine in macos Photos

I can fully edit the portrait photoss from the 13 using my iPhone 11, iPhone 13, and iPad. It's only mac that can't edit them, and only the ones from the 13.

I'm running macOS Big Sur 11.6 on an intel macbook pro.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 5:37 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 19, 2021 2:12 PM in response to TonyCollinet

So this is normal for iPhone 13 and Big Sur, (for now)?

I used portrait mode quite a bit on my iPhone 11 and was always adjusting in macOS Photos. So when I got my new phone yesterday it didn't take long to notice it wasn't working any more.

I was concerned there was a problem at my end when a quick search didn't bring much up.

Can't edit portrait photo from iPhone 13 Pro in macOS Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.