Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My people vs devices not working

My child and I both updated our IOS to 15.0.2. Now on my iPhone, I still see her device in "Find My" under the Devices tab but under the People tab she shows with "No location found". So I can see where her device is but I must now go to the Devices tab on "Find My". Why is her location no longer fond on the People tab of "Find My"?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 7:59 AM

I have this issue too! Did you ever get a fix? It seemed to happen after that update. Like when he comes out of school, it shows under people when he first switches phone back on. Then it just won’t refresh. However, it updates under devices so I can see he’s almost home, whilst under people, he’s still showing at school!?!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 7:59 AM in response to KCiPhone5s

I have this issue too! Did you ever get a fix? It seemed to happen after that update. Like when he comes out of school, it shows under people when he first switches phone back on. Then it just won’t refresh. However, it updates under devices so I can see he’s almost home, whilst under people, he’s still showing at school!?!

Dec 6, 2021 11:23 AM in response to lindsay192

Hi. The problem you're having is a little different than mine. I never see a location under the People tab, it always says "No location found". Sounds like you are seeing a location but it's not being updated. I have noticed location updates are slower in iOS 15, I suspect maybe because of the new "live" feature. Try clicking on his name under People and see if it then updates. Good luck. I'm still working with Apple support (senior technical support now) to try to resolve the "No location found" issue.

Oct 22, 2021 6:28 PM in response to jdo_apple

Thanks for the how to link. I’ve checked all her settings on her phone, had her log out and back in to her Apple account , and stopped sharing then re-shared. I can see her phone location under Devices but under People it shows her name and says “no location found”. I’ve never seen this problem before and it started when she upgraded to iOS 15.

Find My people vs devices not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.