Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders App. so quick to delete entries with no fallback!!

Having just recently discovered this amazing app I have spent many happy hours installing 'my life' onto it. Getting on in years this seemed the answer to my prayers, everything in one place, except it was everywhere, i pad, i phones, Mac and Windows, and able to share some folders. Wonderful. THEN entries started to dissappear! I quickly realised that a quick, light, fleeting, glancing, inadvertant tap on the round button deleted the whole entry, never to be recoverable, despite all the online hype that it could be recovered, everthing from shaking the i phone, to restoring from i cloud, except, of course it isnt.

I use to lightly curse apps that contstantly required, 'are you sure' when normally trying to delete, but now I realise what a saviour they are.

So, back to pen and paper, diaries, calendars and notebooks for me then. Such ashame

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 8:52 PM

Tapping the button to mark an item complete does not delete it, it simply marks the item as complete.

Open Reminders

Tap More (the three dots in the circle)

Tap "show completed"

You can then deselect any items you no longer wish to mark as complete.

Similar questions

1 reply

Reminders App. so quick to delete entries with no fallback!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.