Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it that Apple Support cannot respond to an escalation in less than 2 days?

I sent my Macbook Pro in for repair of physical damage. I was told that a $99 deductible was due for a repair or replacement of the damage to the body and display of the mac. I sent the unit back to Apple, the display was replaced, but the body was not repaired. After calling support, I was told that the body of the machine cannot be repaired and that a replacement would cost $299. After speaking to a senior advisor, he escalated the issue to the repair depot (in Houston). That was two days ago (10/19/21) I have not heard back from anyone about the escalation. So, today (10/21/21) I called apple support again. No one has looked at the escalation and the advisor I spoke with said he could not have a manager speak with me. So to sum it up, I am still waiting to find out if apple will repair or replace my mac and I don't know how long it will be before my issue is resolved.

This is my second experience with apple support for this Mac Book Pro. The fist occurred as soon ands I purchased my Mac and I spent countless hours working with apple support and engineers to debug and isolate the issue. Going as far as running tests and collecting data for apple. In the end, apple replaced my Mac so they could capture the unit for further investigation.

So what I have learned is that if a customer provides apple with information and data for the benefit of apple, apple will work to make the customer happy. In my current case, apple is not making it a priority to fix the damage of my Mac because there is not benefit.

I hope that this message is an eye opener to apple that every customer is important and should be treated as the highest priority.

For now, the only option I have is to wait and hope that someone at apple deals with the escalation and calls me back to get my computer repaired.

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 10:22 AM

Apple is not here. We are users like you. Venting here about Apple service is of no value. I suggest you contact Apple.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Similar questions

1 reply

Why is it that Apple Support cannot respond to an escalation in less than 2 days?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.