Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Big Sur 11.6 can't wake up normally - panic fatal error - 5499

I have been seeing this issues couple of times a day and it's annoying. I have tried with erasing my disks and re-install the big Sur 11.6 with network recovery. The new system still has the same issue. The hardware diagnosis shows no error. Any help would be really appreciated! My macbook pro version is 2017, two thunderbolt 3 ports.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 12:55 PM

As per below a few things of concern on the hardware side of things that bear attention. One is the battery and the other is possible hardware failing. Either of the two alone may or may not contribute to the issue at had. Would suggest making an appointment with Apple Or Apple Authorized Service Centre nearest you location for evaluation

Software side - those preference are personal and can not argue against the choice but does require prudence on the Users part.

Welcome the extra eyes on this topic from @leroydouglas

Battery failure - Your battery is reporting that it needs to be serviced. Battery: Health = Service Battery - Cycle count = 683

Automatic updates disabled - Automatic updates are disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Security updates disabled - Security updates are disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Kernel panics - This system has experienced kernel panics. This could be a sign of hardware failure.

Apple security disabled - Apple security software is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 12:55 PM in response to olivia100needHelp

As per below a few things of concern on the hardware side of things that bear attention. One is the battery and the other is possible hardware failing. Either of the two alone may or may not contribute to the issue at had. Would suggest making an appointment with Apple Or Apple Authorized Service Centre nearest you location for evaluation

Software side - those preference are personal and can not argue against the choice but does require prudence on the Users part.

Welcome the extra eyes on this topic from @leroydouglas

Battery failure - Your battery is reporting that it needs to be serviced. Battery: Health = Service Battery - Cycle count = 683

Automatic updates disabled - Automatic updates are disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Security updates disabled - Security updates are disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Kernel panics - This system has experienced kernel panics. This could be a sign of hardware failure.

Apple security disabled - Apple security software is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Oct 22, 2021 6:33 AM in response to olivia100needHelp

olivia100needHelp wrote:

I have been seeing this issues couple of times a day and it's annoying. I have tried with erasing my disks and re-install the big Sur 11.6 with network recovery. The new system still has the same issue. The hardware diagnosis shows no error. Any help would be really appreciated! My macbook pro version is 2017, two thunderbolt 3 ports.

<Kernel panic fatal error - 5499..log>

<panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff8002ad0860): nvme: "Fatal error occurred.>

<System model name: MacBookPro14,1>

See if you qualify: https://support.apple.com/13-inch-macbook-pro-solid-state-drive-service

Oct 22, 2021 4:50 AM in response to olivia100needHelp

Am not too good at reading Crash Reports but perhaps more experienced Contributors will pick up the question - hopefully.

Alternatively - Suggest downloading the Application  Etrechechttps://etrecheck.com  directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Cleaners, Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

Nov 29, 2021 2:09 PM in response to PRP_53

Thanks for your suggestion, I have uninstalled the chrome application, and the issue remains. It crushes very often, like several times a day. The issue started to pop out when I was advised to update the Big Sur, but failed for the first time. I tried to downgrade the system but was not able to solve the issue.

Any other suggestions?

Nov 29, 2021 9:44 PM in response to olivia100needHelp

I'm having numerous problems with my Mac Book Pro and having recently installed Monteray, things have got worse.

Mac started making a very loud permanent hissing noise which only stopped for Siri to speak, then immediatly returned, it's nauseating! everything is very slow to respond. now track pad and keyboard are playing up, trackpad not responsive, keyboard random keys not working HELP !!!!!!!!

MacBook Pro Big Sur 11.6 can't wake up normally - panic fatal error - 5499

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.