Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add Safari to Security and Privacy settings Big Sur 11.6

I am trying to allow Safari to always have access to my microphone and camera. I cannot get Safari to populate in the Security and Privacy settings window and am stuck. I'm using a MacBook Air 13 inch, early 2015.

Here's how I get there:

Apple logo -> System preferences -> Privacy tab -> unlock lock at lower left with my MacBook's password -> microphone. On the right there's a window that shows apps. Above it the instruction reads to allow the apps below to access your microphone. Safari isn't listed and there is no way to add it.

I don't know what to do. This problem appeared after installing the latest update to Big Sur, so I am now using version 11.6.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 12:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 5:49 PM

I would like Apple engineers to take the next step and link an instruction into the Privacy and Security settings applied to apps.

You should let them know.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 23, 2021 1:17 PM in response to drgarys

I would like Apple engineers to take the next step and link an instruction into the Privacy and Security settings applied to apps. Someone trying to solve this the way I first did, which is perfectly logical, is left at an impasse because the only recourse is to search or ask in the user community. Apple can do better to look at and fix the bugs in its interface.

Cannot add Safari to Security and Privacy settings Big Sur 11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.