Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is an Apple Watch suitable for swimming in a SwimSpa with jets that allow you to swim in place?

I understand that Apple Watches are not designed for high velocity water sports. My question is:

Would an Apple Watch be durable enough to help me track my swimming in a pool of this type? I am looking at purchasing an Apple Watch SE or a 6. My Fitbit just came apart while swimming!

Thank you.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 2:24 PM

Your Apple Watch is water resistant, but not waterproof. Apple Watch Series 2 and newer may be used for shallow water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 2 and newer shouldn't be used for scuba diving, water skiing, or other activities involving high velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. For more info, see the 'Can I go swimming or take a shower with my Apple Watch?' section in :

About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2021 2:24 PM in response to PenKen2010

Your Apple Watch is water resistant, but not waterproof. Apple Watch Series 2 and newer may be used for shallow water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 2 and newer shouldn't be used for scuba diving, water skiing, or other activities involving high velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. For more info, see the 'Can I go swimming or take a shower with my Apple Watch?' section in :

About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

Oct 24, 2021 4:07 PM in response to PenKen2010

That looks like a fairly standard hot tub designed for lounging and soaking rather than energetic swimming. However I would be cautious about exposing the watch to the direct flow of the jets. The other concern is the relatively warm water, which might cause undesirable pressure changes in the watch (expansion/contraction) which might try to suck water into the device if it is cooled again.

On balance, if it was me with my week old Apple Watch Series 7, the watch would be staying out of the hot tub. Put it somewhere on the side where you can still see it, splashes will not be a problem.

Is an Apple Watch suitable for swimming in a SwimSpa with jets that allow you to swim in place?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.