Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Chrome text colour issues

Okay, Google Chrome on IOS is crap let's be honest and manly about this. It is plagued with issues that are driving me potty and there is no workaround. I've noticed that at times the screen text goes an opaque light grey on a white background when means your brain is struggling to read what is in front of you. Your brain is used to reading black on white, if you change the text colour and keep the same colour background your brain will struggle to work out what you are trying to read. It's simple physiology 101. When your phone goes into dark mode at times it's does the complete opposite it goes medium grey text on a dark background so no your grain can not read median grey text on a dark background. It is actually laughable to be honest. If you look at the attached image you will see what I mean by light grey to the point of being opaque on a white background.

This is no workaround... Actually, there is a workaround that I just discovered by accident if you go into Settings/Display & Brightness switch from Light to Dark and then back again the text is dark and readable. So is this a problem with IOS as well as Google it is it an issue purely on IOS?

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 3:41 AM

If you look at the amended settings the text is now dark and readable.

1 reply

Google Chrome text colour issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.