Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble Sharing an iCloud Drive Folder

When I share an iCloud Drive folder with a member of my iCloud Family Sharing, and they accept the invitation, they immediately receive a notification saying, "The owner stopped sharing, or you don't have permission to open this item." On my device, a MacBook Air (M1), the folders say they are currently being shared, but the shared folders don't appear on their device (an Intel MacBook Air - Early 2020).

I've tried sending the invitation different ways, but nothing has worked yet. We have tried opening the invitation on both their MacBook Air as well as iPhone, but neither have worked. How can I overcome this issue and share this folder?

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 4:02 AM

It's the discretion of the person who can stop sharing or give no access to open the folder that are shared to you see the articles Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iPhone - Apple Support

If you need permission to open an item on Mac - Apple Support

Change permissions for files, folders or disks on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Trouble Sharing an iCloud Drive Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.