Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Exchange email not sync-ing after upgrade to Monterey

I have a MS Exchange email account that is active on my iPhone and my MacBook. After upgrading both devices to the latest MacOS 12 and IOS 15, I can no longer receive email on the MBP. Messages continue to arrive at the iPhone and I can send email using the Exchange account from my Mac.

I've checked that I have the same Apple ID logged in on both devices. I see no errors logged I've looked at the console log filtered on the Mail process and see numerous and frequent messages with the Exchange server - no indication of errors

default	20:54:06.215548-0400	Mail	[Exchange - MIT] <Body Fetch - background> Recalculated priorities:  Network = 0, persistence = 3.
default	20:54:06.215585-0400	Mail	[Exchange - MIT - Sent] <Sync> Task <MFEWSMailboxSyncTask: 0x6000038cb2c0> priorities - network: 0, persistence: 0 finished
default	20:54:06.215646-0400	Mail	[Exchange - MIT - Sent] <Sync> recalculated priorities: Network 0, Persistence 0
default	20:54:06.215713-0400	Mail	[Exchange - MIT] <Body Fetch - background> Operation {<MFEWSGetMessagesNeedingBodiesOperation: 0x7f7da6953170>} created
default	20:54:06.215764-0400	Mail	[Exchange - MIT] <Body Fetch - background> Recalculated priorities:  Network = 0, persistence = 0.
default	20:54:06.216444-0400	Mail	[Exchange - MIT] <Body Fetch - background> Got incomplete messages for mailbox Trash. Mandatory bodies to fetch: 0, discretionary bodies to fetch: 0
default	20:54:06.216492-0400	Mail	[Exchange - MIT] <Body Fetch - background> Recalculated priorities:  Network = 0, persistence = 0.
default	20:54:06.217149-0400	Mail	[Exchange - MIT] <Body Fetch - background> Got incomplete messages for mailbox Sent. Mandatory bodies to fetch: 0, discretionary bodies to fetch: 0
default	20:54:06.217192-0400	Mail	[Exchange - MIT] <Body Fetch - background> Recalculated priorities:  Network = 0, persistence = 0.
default	20:54:06.217405-0400	Mail	[Exchange - MIT] <Body Fetch - background> Got incomplete messages for mailbox Ta<5 chars><F033>. Mandatory bodies to fetch: 0, discretionary bodies to fetch: 0

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 2:52 PM

Hello apl73,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities. We understand that after upgrading to macOS Monterey you're no longer receiving emails on your Mac. See if these steps help: If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

5 replies

Oct 28, 2021 3:07 PM in response to TammyW_03

deleting the account from my MBP and from my phone and then recreating it got mail sync restored.

This has been a major annoyance for the last couple of days and I'm (relatively) ecstatic to have it working again...

Now, if only my Apple Watch 6 would display the Astronomy face instead of just dark sky..

Oct 31, 2021 11:56 AM in response to apl73

Same issue Works on iphone and iPad. Exchange no longer syncs on 2016 MBP after upgrading to Monterey.

So far, I have rebooted several times. followed the delete and recreate instructions from the following link. 

https://appletoolbox.com/fix-apple-mail-not-syncing-with-exchange/

After several tries, I finally found I could not add back the email account while mail was running. It would briefly flash the account in the apple mail sidebar, then disappear, but the message on the screen would say that it was added. So, I quit apple mail, deleted that exchange account that was still showing in “Internet accounts” list then added it back, so now the mail account is showing in the Apple Mail sidebar. However, it is still not receiving mail. I rebooted again. I then let it sit and think for a while. Still no luck. 

I can't see anything in GoDaddy that would be an issue. I do have a separate Office 365 account along with the GoDaddy exchange account that I thought maybe get the MBP Applemail confused, but it has been fine up until Monterey iPad and iPhone are still working fine.

Also, on the MBP I have lost my entire history of email records They are all gone. I assume I can recover this from Time Machine once I get it working again. So, I will need support to recover those as well although I still see them on the iPad and iPhone.

Oct 31, 2021 2:45 PM in response to gregoryrd

Success - After deleting the accounts from all devices, I had to go back into GoDaddy and change the password there, then re-create accounts on all devices with the new password. This seemed to allow it to re-sync with Exchange. I know the password I was entering was correct but - Just didn't work. Resetting it from the source GoDaddy account seemed to propagate the sync properly as I added back the devices.

Microsoft Exchange email not sync-ing after upgrade to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.