Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri's voice sounds weird on iOS 15.1

I’m on iOS 15.1 And my Siri sounds so weird. It sounds like a really bad phone call. All muffled and robotic. Should I do a reboot?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 8:11 AM

Hey Gordito_de_punk,

It appears that Siri's voice is muffled and robotic when Siri is speaking.This started after updating your iPhone to iOS 15.1, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support -- A restart for issues like this can help. Please see if it does if you haven't already.

Change Siri voice or language - Apple Support -- If restarting didn't help, select a different voice for Siri and see how that sounds. If it's fine, try the one you were previously using.

Let us know how that goes.

All the best.

67 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 8:11 AM in response to Gordito_de_punk

Hey Gordito_de_punk,

It appears that Siri's voice is muffled and robotic when Siri is speaking.This started after updating your iPhone to iOS 15.1, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support -- A restart for issues like this can help. Please see if it does if you haven't already.

Change Siri voice or language - Apple Support -- If restarting didn't help, select a different voice for Siri and see how that sounds. If it's fine, try the one you were previously using.

Let us know how that goes.

All the best.

Nov 1, 2021 6:41 PM in response to Gordito_de_punk

Same thing is happening to me apple reps wanting me to service my phone or factory reset it for no reason even though my internals is fine it’s just this update literally messed up my Siri now she sounds like she being drowned underwater but when I switch Siri voices it literally sounds fine but when I go and use any different voice it just sounds distorted which I’m pretty annoyed about hopefully the fix this issue fast because it seems so annoying now I hope this helps someone reading this …

Nov 3, 2021 1:33 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hello. So I’ve done everything. I’ve done a factory reset, I’ve changed the voice I normally use American Voice 2 and put on American voice 4 and it still sounded really bad, so I was curious and selected British Voice 2 and that one sounded straight up like a robot. Like I’ll say it happens 70% of the time using maps. And asking Siri to send a message. It just really unpleasant and makes me not want to use her at all if that makes sense. Really hope for an update soon!

Nov 3, 2021 1:08 PM in response to Gordito_de_punk

Thanks for trying those steps and getting back to us Gordito_de_punk. It's appreciated.

Since you've reset your iPhone back to factory settings and the issue persists, we recommend contacting Apple Support to look into this with you further: Get Support -- Type "Siri" in the Search topics field, and choose "Siri and Dictation issues" from the results to reach them.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Nov 22, 2021 9:14 PM in response to n_wen

Oh no my iPhone 11 started doing that just now. Grrrr! Did yours fix itself yet? It sounds like she’s dying. A drowning muffled robot. I have AirPods and she sounds like she’s broken the same as she does on my phone. All my other apps work incl. music and video/movies on both my AirPods and iPhone. Ugh!

Nov 28, 2021 1:09 PM in response to Gordito_de_punk

Yeah, my Siri is doing the exact same thing. Not only that but with my new update, my phone will not even connect to my car to play music at all anymore. The Apple service rep just told me to call my car manufacturer, reset my phone and forget the device in the car. Obviously none of those things worked because it was just the janky update that screwed all of these things up. The Siri voice sounds horrible, my phone will not connect to my car anymore via bluetooth, and Maps looks awful. Horrible update in my opinion.

Mar 23, 2022 6:47 PM in response to Gordito_de_punk

I had this happen with my Siri voice 4. My voice 3 was fine, so I knew it wasn’t my AirPods or phone, so I switched to using it for both Siri and Spoken Content, deleting voice 4 and re-downloading it (had to switch to voice 3 because the delete function in the voices menu on spoken content won’t let you delete a voice if it’s in use anywhere). This seemed to fix the issue.

Mar 29, 2022 7:44 PM in response to Gordito_de_punk

This is the best feed I have found on this issue with Apple Car Play thus far. I started having this issue once I upgraded to IOS 15 and I am now currently on IOS 15.4 and still am having the issue of SIRI voice playback sound bad, muffled, underwater appx 70% of the time. I have tried ALL the fixes (even both power modes, regular and low) everyone has talked about in this thread with no resolution. I went to the apple store today and had ALL the tests that are available done on my phone including cleaning the lighting port (all came back good and working fine) and I am still having the same issue. I have a 2021 Toyoda Corolla and Toyoda says it is not a problem on their end and to contact apple. I am SO, SO frustrated and have done, what I believe is EVERYTHING. APPLE, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Apr 12, 2022 7:45 AM in response to Gordito_de_punk

Mine was sounding the same! I changed the voice to a different setting, then did the hard reboot using (volume up, volume down one after the other, and then holding the power button until the apple logo appears and the phone restarts). Then I reset my airpods and then changed Siri’s Vice back to the voice I prefer and restarted once again. Hopefully this clears up the issue.

Siri's voice sounds weird on iOS 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.