Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2021-007 Security Update Catalina causes crash of Fusion 360

Hi,

Since 2021-007 Security Update Catalina, unable to launch Autodesk Fusion 360.

Getting error:

[ERROR:gl_context_cgl.cc(118)] Error creating context.

Having issues with WebGL on web browsers as well.

MacBook Pro (mid-2012)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1519)

2,9 GHz Intel Core i7

Intel HD Graphics 4000

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 8:12 AM

Catalina Security Update 2021-008 fixes the OpenGL bug introduced on October 25 with Catalina Security Update 2021-007.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212981

My astronomy software is working again as should all OpenGL and WebGL software.

30 replies

Nov 26, 2021 3:35 PM in response to ObsoleteAppleUser

The MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) is listed as vintage.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624

It is however also on the list of Macs compatible with Catalina.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210222

It would be really strange if 10.15.6 is the last stable release and Apple just leaves it hanging there. They'll have to list it as partially compatible with Catalina.

Nov 11, 2021 9:44 PM in response to Motla

Yep. Broken 100% of the time after signing in.

Adobe Fusion 360 2.0.11415

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1519)

Mac mini (Late 2012)

2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Also broken:

1. Plex for Mac (the alternative Plex Media Player still works)
  2. Bodega (ancient client for a long-gone startup but still scans local Sparkle apps for updates)
  3. CARROT Weather > Settings causes a crash

Nov 30, 2021 12:48 PM in response to Motla

Hey, guys! Formatting the SSD helped me! 🤣

My method is very strange: in short, I completely formatted the hard drive where the system stood. I did not install it again, but deleted all the data and reinstalled Catalina!

Immediately after installation, Mac suggested that I install a security update, but we know that this is evil. I decided to check: does Google Earth and other sites work? - They're working now. This is strange because I have mac OS 10.15.7 (19H15), I decided to install Fusion 360 and lo and behold, Everything works!

Maybe it will help you too.

☝️Attention! If you have a Fusion drive, then when you erase the SSD part, it will also delete your part from the HDD! Be careful - I had to restore files because I deleted 800 GB of data :)

Nov 1, 2021 2:03 PM in response to Motla

I believe I have the same problem. I called customer support. They couldn't tell me if 'The Engineers' were planning to fix the bug in their security update. They were unable to grant me an audience with The Engineers, as both they and I are unworthy of such an honor. The mid-2012 Macbook Pro was one of the last, (if not the last), high quality machines Apple sold that wasn't designed to []. They view supporting their older products as a loss--charity for us peasants who can't or won't buy newer products. I'm surprised it took this long for us to be sabotaged by a practically-mandatory update.

Nov 3, 2021 9:29 AM in response to Motla

After the update a few applications won't start or close after a action.

no i do not something wrong just same action as i did before always. Even the

browser is closing now and then out of nothing. Wish i never had installed this update.

Hope you will fix it asap.

Called custumer support they even didnt know about the security update and i had to tell them the apple us website where it was on. Not the best thing from apple for me....

Nov 5, 2021 8:05 AM in response to Motla

Yes also the same problem, everything worked properly and after the update everything related to WebGL stopped working.

No web page using WebGL can open and the browser crashes.

Mac mini late 2012

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

2,5 GHz Intel Core i5

Intel HD Graphics 4000

I hope for a quick solution, as we are therefore unable to continue developing a WebGL-based project on the current mac mini.

Nov 9, 2021 6:26 AM in response to GroovyDrifter

Iam wondering how the European authorities think, maybe we do not support your device but when the software break the computer then uhm it would be a intresting case. Cause why you update a computer that you don’t support anymore. Before the update it was fine now you broke it. so apple should we do a consumer right claim in Europe guess I will Win and the company have the same case as with the updates of iPhones that makes the phone slower. So just go fix it then we all are happy. No one wants to go to court or make consumers issues.

2021-007 Security Update Catalina causes crash of Fusion 360

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.