Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mass File Renaming -- MacOS Monterey

Hey I recently upgraded to Monterey and there's a slight change in the mass renaming feature I'm not super fond of but wondering if any either has a work around or if I have to put up with it until it's fixed:

So because of work I mass export photos through photoshop and rename them after as a numeric sequence (01, 02, 03, etc....). But when exported out of photoshop the files are named something like "filename.ARW.jpeg"

Prior versions of MacOS ignored the ".ARW" and didn't have any issues with formatting properly (eg. 01.jpeg), however with Monterey it seems to think that's the file extension and renames the files to "01.ARW.jpeg"

Any potential ways around this or am I just going to have to wait for an update?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 3:25 PM

Contact Adobe and ask them why Photoshop is exporting photos with the RAW extension in the filename. It is Adobe's responsibility to make it work correctly. Ensure that you have the most current Photoshop installed for Monterey.

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 1, 2021 3:47 PM in response to VikingOSX

That's specifically due to my current workflow. I open multiple files through Lightroom to Photoshop. So the layers are named based of the original file (eg. filename.arw) which when exporting layers to files is what the files are named (filename.arw.jpeg)

And as I stated before, prior to updating to Monterey bulk renaming files that were named this way was never an issue.

Mass File Renaming -- MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.